Thursday, January 3, 2008

On with the Routine


Winter break is coming to an end and I'm terribly sad. The boys have already started school back up, and Tom returns on Monday.

Back to routine!

But here is something fun we did over the break, snow angel making. One of the days it snowed Tom took the boys out with him to shovel the drive-way, and I caught them making snow angels. It might look like fun, but believe me, it's freezing! Our high has been in the single digits with nasty winds as well. But this weekend we are moving up to a shocking thirty and forty degree weather!



The resulted angels in the snow.


On another note, here is the official belly shot. Today I am officially seven months and in my third trimester.
Scary!!
Went in for an ultrasound last week and everything is looking perfect with the baby. And the best news of all? He's in the 30 percentile for his weight and age, which is beyond fabulous news. We also have set up an appointment with the cardiologists in Iowa City for the 23rd of this month. They are going to do a fetal heart echo ultrasound, and hopefully be able to give us some more answers. They'll let us know if I'll need to deliver in Iowa City, and also the kind of immediate health care the baby will need when he's born. I'm seriously counting down the days until we go to this appointment. I'm not a patient girl, and this pregnancy has stressed me and my patience far beyond my capacity!

I also had a regular OBGYN appointment today and everything looked great. Except for the unfortunate side effect my holiday feasting has resulted in. I've put on so much weight and I'm just now entering my third trimester, I'm scared I won't be able to lose it when the baby is born. Thirty-five pounds already!! I never gained more than 25 my whole pregnancy with my other two boys! But for now I'm going to try to think positive and just be happy we both are healthy thus far.

5 comments:

Amy said...

That C.S. Lewis quote is fantastic. And I love your fresh look. AND I'm glad to see that you actually do look pregnant. That couch picture at Christmas had me worried...:). I can't wait for your appointment on the 23rd. It will be so nice to get more specific answers.

Susan said...

Ok ok I guess you are pregnant. I hope everything goes well at your appointment later this month.

Mandi said...

Where are those 35 pounds hiding because you don't look bigger at all - except your cute belly. I'll have to post a picture because I don't think I've taken any of this pregnancy. I can't wait for the 23rd to finally have some real answers. I like your fresh new look too, maybe I'll try one of those templates.

Mandy said...

Your tummy is so cute! I'm so glad to hear about the baby and hope you find out more on the 23rd. Waiting must be so hard! You're in my thoughts. :)

The Scotts said...

How fun to play in REAL snow!

You do not look like you have gained 35 lbs! But I hear you, I gained 40 with Lily. I didn't gain as much in the end though as in the middle. So hopefully it will slow down and if not then blame it on being older! Ha ha I don't know what that was, I hated when people told me that. I am not old!