…after I went to the ER this morning for Caleb who woke up with a swollen face and a rash all over his body.
Then I cursed Oprah.
Then I cursed Snapfish.
Then I contemplated if a free photo book from Snapfish, thanks to Oprah, was really free when I’m stressing my gourd out over finishing it by Sunday.
Then I called our home nurse to get a replacement tube for Caleb’s g-tube.
Then I cursed a leaking tube.
Then I cried on the phone to Tom.
Then I cried on the phone to Betsy.
Then I cried on the phone to Mandi.
Then I called my mother four times before getting a hold of her and cried to her on the phone.
Then I washed three loads of Caleb laundry with new expensive detergent.
Then Caleb’s face turned into a raspberry.
Then I called the nurse.
Then I realized that no one really cares if your child looks like a piece of fruit, just as long as he’s breathing.
Then I gave him more Benadryl.
Then I talked to Talin’s principal about older children offering my six year old child “a smoke” while he plays at recess.
Then I felt foolish when she called me back and Talin couldn’t seem to remember when this happened or any of the details of the incident when she actually spoke to him.
Then I felt like a bad mom.
Then Talin came home and asked to be home schooled.
Then I felt like a bad mom again.
So I made meatballs. Lots of them.
My boys think I’m awesome for making meatballs. The End.
And if you think I’m having a selfish little pity party, you just might be right. But I’m writing this all down so that when I have a bad day down the road, I can look back on my meatball post and think, oh, this day isn’t so bad. I remember the meatball day, now THAT was a bad day.
Tonight I’m taking my boys to the mall. They’re going to meet Santa. I put up my Christmas Tree on Tuesday. More about skipping Thanksgiving later.
3 comments:
That was a bad day!
Hang in there Megan, you are a GREAT mom!
WOOHOO for meatballs and Santa!! :0)
lala
Anyone with that day on their resume deserves a darn big pity party. I'm sorry, and I hope tomorrow is a brighter one. Have fun with Santa!
I find it hilarious that you would go and make meatballs after a day like that! I would have just crashed or zoned into a book or the tv. Not Megan -- she must bake or cook. You go girl! Oh, and you can call and cry to me anytime.
Post a Comment