Tuesday, November 25, 2008

November 25th

I put on my scrub gown, my face mask and nifty hat, then I picked up my little boy and carried him into the hallway where his three teams of doctors; the surgery team, the cardiac team and the ICU team were waiting. They all gave a big cheer at seeing Caleb in my arms and ready to go, it was sweet. Then I carried him into the operating room where the staff was setting up and the anesthesiologist started his job. I held him while they gave him the gas that would put him to sleep. He got drowsy, I got a few giggles, and he stared into my eyes. Then I laid him on the bed, kissed his cheek and bravely walked out. Not before turning around and asking the group to "take care of my baby boy", and then thanking them. I feel at peace, I feel calm, I know in whom I trust. The Lord is taking care of my little man, and I'm okay with that.
More updates as they come....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Megan you are simply amazing to me. My own heart is full today thinking of you guys and praying for little Caleb. Peace is a wonderful thing, and I am so glad that's what you are feeling.

Amy said...

I was getting fidgety here, Megs. So glad you took the time to write this. Even if it did make me cry. You and Tom are amazing....I think the past year may have been too much for people without your strength. We love you & you will definitely be in our thoughts all day.

p.s. so sweet that they cheered for Caleb as you brought him in!

Mandy said...

This made me cry. I have been thinking about you guys all day and know everything will work out. You really are so strong. I'm in awe of you.

Unknown said...

even though i am reading this adventure in reverse, and i know things are going well now, this post still made me cry. you are so strong, and caleb will draw so much from that!